Today is the birthday of Suzanne Tyler Agle, my lovely wife who’s practically perfect in every way. My words will never be able to adequately capture all of her, but over the years on this blog, I’ve tried to make a few dents.
Every now and then, I come across one of these “dents” and realize how blessed I am.
- Beauty in a Long, Green Dress (I saw her across the dance floor and was forever ruined)
- Proof I Married Above Me (Not That There Was a Question, But Still…) (Suzanne gets a call, but it’s not from a landline)
- The Art of Holding On (that time Suzanne brought me back from the brink)
- Adventureland (Suzanne drives a daughter cross country on a quest)
- Near-Life Experience (Suzanne talks me back to life over the phone)
- The Battle for Abish (Suzanne goes to the mattresses for our dog)
- Hot Tub Confessional (I confess a deep character flaw; she loves me anyway)
- The Hums (Suzanne teaches me about the other side of music)
- Elephant Steps and the Man-Whose-Name-Begins-with-a-T Syndrome (couldn’t have asked for a better platoon mate)
- Esther and the Hamsters (few people could have pulled off this sleight of hand for this long)
- Suzanne (seven years ago, I paused on this very day to marvel at the woman who would take such a terrible chance on a guy lie me)
Not much, but it’s a start. Looking forward to many more years together, in which I hope to make a few more dents.